Wednesday, October 18, 2006

i am in love

with The Colbert Report. i just started watching it a few weeks ago, by accident after the also-awesome-and-related The Daily Show.

i have decided that The Colbert Report kicks The Daily Show's ass. i mean, TDS - very amusing, witty, urbane, etc. i am very fond of you, TDS. but i'm afraid my heart belongs to the insanely hilarious Stephen Colbert, who does not just amuse me, but has me laughing out loud at least 4 or 5 times per show. i mean, do the math. that's a guaranteed home run every 4.888 minutes. how can you argue with that?

i doubled my political geekiness righteousness factor tonight by working on my absentee ballot for the november election during both shows. that's right. i think before i vote. i also giggle while i vote. and you can't take that away from me.

i leave you with a quote from the show tonight, which was their one year anniversary. and the quote is: "I know we've only been together a year, America, but I would still SO do you!"

i rest my case.

No comments: