no, this post is not going to be about getting old. by senior i mean my 12th grade year of high school, thanks to a meme by RPP that i liked. 12th grade is next up in my Personal History Project so i figure the timing is perfect.
1. Who was your best friend? I was sort of good friends with a girl named Holly...Lucas? But really, the answer is: my family. It was a new school for me that year, and a very stressful year at that, so I really didn't branch out much past my sister or parents.
2. What sports did you play? Does people-watching count?
3. What kind of car did you drive? Albeit rarely, my parents' honda accord hatchback. Normally I walked or took the bus.
4. It's Friday night, where were you? Watching star trek or american movie classics, back when they only showed b&w films. hot shit, eh?
5. Were you a party animal? I don't think I will ever be able to say yes to that question.
6. Were you considered a flirt? Not yet!
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Actually I think that's the first year I skipped choir, I'd been in it every other year prior.
8. Were you a nerd? Not in the AV department sense, but I was definitely a loner.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No, but I got to go to the counselor's office a few times. Does that count?
10. Can you sing the fight song? ..um
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Paving my future, I was in love with both my english teacher (a more attractive version of this guy. incidentally i looked like a less attractive version of the meg ryan from that shot, thanks to a perm fetish) and my female psychology instructor, who later i would have my first lesbian sex dream about. she had short silver hair (see, i said it can be sexy!), a slightly husky voice and spent a lot of time talking with me. gee i wonder how the sex dream happened.
12. What was your school's full name? Douglas McKay High School
13. School mascot? Irish something?
14. Did you go to Prom? No, but I went my sophomore year, with a troublemaker who looked a lot like george michael.
15. If you could go back and do it over, would you? I'll steal from RPP and say: Fuck no.
16. What do you remember most about graduation? Waiting. We had a large graduating class (about 400) and it took forever to get through everyone's names. It was in the auditorium, at night, and by the end I was hot and tired.
17. Where were you on senior skip day? I don't think we had one of those. I didn't skip too much that year, probably because I missed several weeks being on the run with my family (whee!), and by the time we came back, I was doing a lot of catchup. I skipped a bunch my sophomore and junior year though! Lots of A&W root beer, curly fries and lolling by the ocean then.
18. Did you have a job your senior year? Nope, I worked over summers.
19. Where did you go most often for lunch? We had a closed campus, so you couldn't go out unless you had a note, or were sneaky. So I ate in the cafeteria, usually a lunch from home, but they also had a pizza hut and taco bell onsite.
20. Have you gained weight since then? Hell yes. We didn't have a scale then, but I'd have to guess I'm close to the same weight now since I'm only a size bigger. Inbetween I was both lighter and wa-a-ay heavier.
21. What did you do after graduation? Went out to dinner with my parents, sister and paternal grandfather, probably at the lancaster mall mcgrath's.
22. When did you graduate? 1990
23. Who was your Senior prom date? The TV remote.
24. Are you going to your 10 year reunion? That would be 'did i go' and the answer is no. Since I only went there for one year, and a hellish year at that, I really don't feel I'm missing much.
25. Who was your home room teacher? No idea. I don't think we had them.
26. Who will repost this after you? This is a little long, so I'll repeat RPP again and say anyone feeling nostalgic (dharma, i'm looking at you), have at it. :)